Life in Mayberry

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sleepover!

This weekend I went to a softball sleepover at Coach Andraya's house.  She isn't really coaching this year because she's pregnant. But she wanted to have a sleepover with us to get us more together.  She's really big on the team building things, and last year they really helped us. 
So fourteen of the softball girls went to her house yesterday after practice.  When we got there the entire dining room table was covered in chips, candy, veggies, and drinks.  We actually ate almost all of it:)  Andraya is a social worker, so she has all these games that she plays with the kids she works with.  A lot of them help us work on our communication as a team.   One of the games is called team juggling.  We all stand in a circle and throw objects to eachother in the same order.  It sounds easy but it gets pretty confusing.  
After we played a bunch of those games we just started chatting.  It's amazing the stuff girls talk about! I wasn't really used to it because most of my friends are guys.  But it was entertaining listening to them.  We also had a "dance off".  I almost won! 
We finally went to sleep around 2:00 after watching The Sandlot (best movie ever) and chatting a little more.  I'm pretty tired today.  Oh yeah and we didn't shower after practice or at Andraya's because we didn't want to waste her water.  That was pretty hard for me because I can't stand skipping a shower.  Atleast we got to sleep in this morning.  I wish I remembered my camera so this could be a little more interesting!  Well that's all I have to say about that:)

1 Comments:

At March 16, 2009 at 11:51 AM , Blogger Yoga Girl said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I never have figured out why they are called sleepovers...usually there isn't much sleep involved! ;)
I love the movie Sandlot too! Thanks for sharing :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home